Yesterday was the five month anniversary of your death.
As a special something to commemorate your life, dad and I wanted to write you a letter. We wanted to let you know that we're OK.
- We still enjoy the sunshine.
- Our hearts are filled with more love than ever.
- We're both back at work, trying to serve others and make a difference.
- We carry you in the most precious part of ourselves, as we make our way into the world.
- We continue to build our home, a place that belongs to our family, a place that belongs to you, a place that is witness to our journey : the tears and the joy.
- We are even talking about baby #2, a younger brother or sister to you.
These are all the things we wanted to share with you yesterday... and I tried to dig deep down inside and find the words, but I couldn't. Yesterday I just didn't feel OK.
You left a big hole in our hearts, and it isn't always easy to fill it with love... but everyday we try.
There were so many things we wanted to give you, to share with you, to teach you... yet you're the one who taught us the biggest lessons in our lives.
- You can't take life for granted.
- You have to enjoy the time you have with those you love... even when your heart is breaking
We try to honour these lessons everyday. Slowly we're finding our way back to normal... a new normal.
So don't worry about us Anya. We are thinking of you. We love you. And we're OK.
Sending you all the love inside of us,
Mom and Dad